Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Do You Feel Invisible?

Have you ever been involved in a conversation with someone and they seemed to be looking past you?  I know I do it to my wife more than I care to admit.

Yesterday, I was speaking at an event and I was greeting a few of the attendees and I asked one of the women in attendance, “How are you?” and she replied, “I feel invisible.”

I was inspired by the comment to ask the rest of the attendees if there was ever a time when they felt invisible.
  Only one hand went up and it was the hand of the woman who had made the statement earlier.  I then said to her, “I SEE YOU! I see your potential and I see your value.” She was on the verge of tears.  Someone acknowledged her.  I then asked the rest of the attendees once again, “Do you ever feel invisible?”  This time, half the people in the room raised their hands!

Pointing around the room, I exclaimed, “I SEE YOU!”

In this life, we come in contact with so many different people.
  Some of these individuals can make you feel small and insignificant.  Have you ever been in a job interview and the person interviewing you looked at you as if you were not in the room . . . like you were invisible?

Well, it is important that we align ourselves with people who see us as valuable human beings, people who don’t look past us.  
How powerful it is to hear the phrase I SEE YOU!

One last thing:if no one else see you, you need to see yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment