Monday, July 28, 2014

A Good Deed

On my way into my favorite coffee shop, before I got to the front door a man of lean stature with a smile on his face not only opened the door for me, but waved me in like the doorman of a fine hotel.


I thanked him, and he then encouraged me to go before him in line. While I was paying for my coffee, something prodded me to pay for his coffee as well. After his initial surprise, and that of the Barista, he thanked me.


I then met him in the condiment line, and as I was putting my cream and sugar in my coffee, we spoke about the importance of doing something nice for someone else. It is especially important in a day and time when there is so much ugliness in the world. Little opportunities to serve and extend a courtesy to someone else can make a big difference in someone else's day and life.

The simple act of someone opening a door for me sure made a difference in my day! Pay it forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment